eXTReMe Tracker
"Where the Mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action;
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake."

Monday, August 01, 2005

INVOCATION

DEDICATION: I dedicate this blog to a very special friend who “came in from the cold” during a crisis in my life, helped me to stand on my feet and then vanished into the blue. “I will never forget your help. I wish you all the best wherever you may be. I hope to meet you again!”.

INSPIRATION: I am inspired to write this blog by the Iraqi bloggers who are fearless to opine especially in a war-torn world. Special mention to Salam Pax who started it all. A very special mention to “Riverbend” - a twenty-something young girl from a war torn country who lost her job as an IT professional (as we guessed) and started writing her blog. I am attracted to their styles, their forcefulness of description and strength of their viewpoints - even though one may not agree with all. I wondered if such persons, in such a state could produce such articles why can’t I, a pampered “global worker”, bring out mine….

DISTANT THUNDER: While the globe is busy with wars, Iraq, Al Qaeda, with all the stories of the remnants of a feudal culture; a distant thunder is ignored. It is the sound of globalization, the sound of the future of humanity where “imagine there are no countries”! It is to this topic that this blog would address! Globalization, as it proceeds would NOT be like a magic wand of instant Shangri-La. It will have its fits-and-starts. Like all changes there will be always a “dark side” and we should be honest to acknowledge and address it.

OTHER TOPICS: Not that I wont discuss about other topical topics. Surely, something about war (war after all is a result of non-globalization!!), something about philosophy (my other passion) or maybe a word or two about India & Indians.

MY DREAM ABOUT THE NEW WORLD ORDER: Please read the poetry attached. Replace “my country” by the “world”!

ABOUT ME: In short, I am an Indian - a typical member of a modern “English educated Indian”(or Macaulay’s child) - equally conversant with Aristotle and Advaita! [I understand many Indian readers shudder as I call myself as Macaulay’s child but we will go over this in time] I’ve worked in three and visited many countries of the world.

Well that‘s that! More about me as the blog evolves.


2 Comments:

At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://kdngtsae.com/sbdk/uvml.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tytyxbzx.com/pgtl/gcdy.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home